GEOVINO offers a wide range of sparkling wines: from various champagnes and crémants from France to prosecco from Italy and cava from Spain.
The Champagne wines are 100 percent produced, harvested and made in the clearly defined Champagne region of France. The grape used to make the Champagne wine has absolutely unique properties, which are the result of the specific geographical location of a specific soil with a specific climate.
The wine is prepared and made by natural fermentation in the bottle, subject to specific rules applicable to all stages of the production process, these rules together form the definition of the designation “Champagne”.
The main rules are as follows:
- only the following vines are allowed: Chardonnay, Pinot noir, Meunier;
- short pruning (Royat, Chablis, Guyot system);
- maximum yield of grapes per hectare ;maximum yield when pressing 102 liters for 160 kilos of grapes;
- minimum alcohol percentage determined per year;
- the wines must be prepared in separate areas where only Champagne wines may be displayed;
- application of natural and known processes under the name "champenoise method" ;
- the wine must be kept in the bottle for at least fifteen months before being sold.